Friday, October 2, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Well it is here everyone and I know that you are probably not as excited about it as I am but October has arrived. Yes I think that October is the most wonderful time of the year, what are you going say about that? But here is what I have to say on why it is the most wonderful time of the year. You see with October you get the seasons changing but not to a point where it is too cold, but also not too hot. The leaves change colors, but who really cares right? I mean yea it looks good and all but really. Also with October comes the countdown to the last three months of the year, which all end with a holiday. The two final holidays give you time off of work. New seasons start up for television shows, HIMYM, and they usually always rock. (HIMYM) NHL hockey is starting up, and NFL football is starting to hit it's stride. Baseball is getting more fun, with playoff races and who will fill the fabled wild card role. Then after the races comes the best part, the playoffs, capped off with the World Series. (Cardinals beating the Yankees in 6) But the most important part of is the start of SEC conference play football, where defenses show up to dominate and offenses run and run and run and then usually punt. (except BAMA we run until we get to the endzone) But this is by far my favorite type of football to be played, yes I like to see the defensive struggle, where you win a game 13-10 (2006 Cotton Bowl) or when you win 6-3 (Bama over Tenn 2005). Dont get me wrong I also like to see a high scoring game as well, tune in October 17 to see OU dominate UT. So dont get me wrong I enjoy watching the high scoring NFL type games but if you can give me a defensive SEC power running struggle, I would watch it everday, and twice on Sunday.

Wing Man Out

No comments:

Post a Comment