Friday, October 26, 2012

10-piece sports combo

Hello all!

As I stated before, I will be back more frequently and while I have said that in the past, I wanted to show you I was serious this time.

Thank you everyone for your input on how to handle my Wing Expert weekly bullet lists, I still would like to see more ideas come in however as I am constantly looking to add more witty insight into the world we live in. So keep the ideas a flowing into my in box at thewingexpert@gmail.com.

I mentioned that I was trying to decide between three different weekly updates and I may end up trying to do each of them every week to keep this blog lively and if you are subscribed to my RSS feed, then your inbox well populated.

Today is Friday and with an eventful weekend coming up in sports (when is there not one right?) I’ve decided to hit you up with my 10 piece combo to a fulfilling sports lunch.

This is designed to give you some insight while you are away from your desk (or at it, I don’t discriminate)and you’re looking for some insight to throw at somebody regarding plans for this weekend. So for the first time here we GO!


Watch out for the (I) Web.com Tour if you live in north Texas as they are at McKinney Ranch playing their annual Tour Championship. This is the last tournament on the Web.com Tour and the last chance to get into the top 25 on the money list to earn their PGA Tour Cards. (Jealous!)

Of course the World Series is moving to the motor city as the Giants have taken the first two games. Barry Zito pitched well in Game 1, while (II) Madison Bumgarner pitched his best game of the 2012 Post Season, pitching seven innings and striking out eight, allowing no runs against Detroit.

(III) LSU WILL NOT LOSE THIS WEEK! This is my lock of the week regarding college football, mainly because the Tigers are on a bye week, which makes it very difficult to lose. But I’ve learned to never put anything past Coach Les Miles.

On a more serious note, no really, there is some seriousness to this piece. (IV) Oklahoma will beat Notre Dame in Norman this weekend in front of millions. The Sooners are starting to look like the team everyone expected in the preseason while the Fighting Irish have managed through a very mediocre schedule against Big Ten teams. However knowing the Sooners and their run in the past couple of years I wouldn’t be surprised if they laid an egg this week.

Also you may have noted my (V) Roman numeral theme throughout this piece. Don’t mind it, I am just trying to create differences as I write.

Watching the PGA Tour’s Grand Slam of Golf this week on TNT, (shoutout!) I watched an interview with Padraig Harrington’s wife, (VI) Caroline Harrington, talking about when she and her husband discussed going to Bermuda and wondering if it was worth the trip to only be there two days. Puzzling since Harrington made $1,546,272 this season on tour according to www.pgatour.com.

I’m starting to get hungry myself and I think on this fine Friday I would like to offer some eating advice for those dining near and around Arlington, Texas. (VII) Al’s Hamburgers may be one of my favorite joints to grab a quick bite to eat throughout the day. Of course you can grab a hamburger, but they also can slam down a salad that will rock your world. Al’s is located on the corner of Collins and Green Oaks in Arlington.

I’ve got a (VIII) high school football game again tonight as I’ve done throughout the season. In the past two years covering these games I have grown to appreciate what they do for communities and kids. They offer a place to play football to the best of your abilities in front of a big crowd that didn’t have to pay $40 to see the game. If you haven’t been to a high school game lately, take my advice and find one tonight.

The world’s (IX) largest bra is to be auctioned off for breast cancer awareness according to the Huffington Post (Link Below). Usually I am not drawn to such a scandalous story, but I enjoy seeing that all proceeds shall go to cancer awareness, take a note NFL.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/worlds-largest-bra-auctioned-breast-cancer-awareness_n_2005578.html

Finally I would like to appreciate what (X) Marco Scutaro has done in the last month for the Giants. I realize that I’ve already touched on the World Series but it really is a good story to see a veteran who hasn’t made a World Series start to hit everything that is pitched to him. I’ve turned the amount of attention towards him into a joke recently but I’m starting to buy in. Also I can’t help but wish I had a moment like this after winning game seven of the NLCS.



The fries in my ten piece combo today are plentiful as Alabama plays host to Mississippi State this week as both teams come into this matchup undefeated and playing at their teams’ peaks. It will be a nervous night for this Bama fan and hopefully they can pull out the victory. However don’t expect the Bulldogs to lie down like each of the Tide’s previous opponents.

That’s all I’ve got for today’s grub, but I want to keep hearing from you followers on what you would like to see/ hear about. Keep sending me your ideas and I’ll sort through them on here with all of my loyal followers.

Until then,
Wing Man Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment