Friday, November 23, 2012

Thank You!

I wanted to take a moment followers to give thanks to those who deserve it in my life.

I have had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday after traveling eastbound after work on Wednesday to spend a night with the thing I am most thankful for in this world. While watching movies in the chair I could not be more thankful or happy for where I am now in this life. While I was only able to stay for a brief amount of time (one night) I did enjoy myself immensely as I got to put a smile on the face of the person I love most in this world.

Driving back to Texas the next day with my hair blowing in the wind (since my window wouldn’t roll back up) I got to thinking of how far I have come since I started learning the ways of the wings. I have met so many people and been a part of so many great moments in people’s lives that it really helps me to appreciate the great moments in my own.

I also got to jam to a Garth Brooks song that I was too afraid to listen to all summer.

Back at the family’s house though, my mom prepared a feast fit for kings. But she let her four boys join in and help devour the food. Steaks, twice-baked potatoes, salad and a green-bean casserole made up for my day of eating and another plate waiting for me to eat when I get to my house.

The sports are always a highlight in my Thanksgiving holiday. While I couldn’t get a family game of basketball going I still enjoyed sitting on the couch and watching football all day long.

*Side Note*

RGIII is pretty damn good!

However the holiday ends as it does every year and I find myself back at work on Friday. But don’t be discouraged as it’s only a half day and I spent the last hour watching college football games on gamecasts. (picture posted on twitter)


Now for some sports talk. Here are my big matchups this weekend.

LSU is traveling to Arkansas in the annual battle for the boot. LSU has the better team, but don’t ever count out a rival. The Razorbacks will come out strong in this game but will fall off later in the game, LSU wins 38-13.

The Iron Bowl is of course upon us and if you follow this blog you probably know where I stand in this game. Auburn had one thing going for them all year in this matchup, they needed the win more. But after a loss to Texas A&M, Alabama has MUCH more to gain with a chance at a trip to Miami for the National Championship on the line. Alabama wins 42-10.

Florida and Florida State do battle, with an outside shot at a trip to the National Championship on the line. Florida’s defense is playing well and quarterback Jeff Driskel is coming back for the Gators. This will actually be a really good game and I wish it weren’t on the same time as the Iron Bowl, I’m guessing Florida wins, 24-23.

Notre Dame is taking on Southern California for a chance to go to the National Championship in Miami. The Trojans are starting a new quarterback as Matt Barkley is out with a shoulder injury. This game is always close and USC has the talent to pull out the victory. With Barkley I would make my upset pick here, but without I think the Irish can hold on. Notre Dame wins 17-16.

I don’t want to get too winded on here and there are still plenty of games left that I’m not diving into. But those are the five that stand out in my mind and the ones I would choose to watch. Honorable mention for games this weekend are Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, Stanford and UCLA, Oregon and Oregon State and South Carolina and Clemson.

I enjoy rivalry week and think that some should be restored. This week needs Texas-Texas A&M, West Virginia-Pitt and Oklahoma-Nebraska. College football is all about rivalries and getting traditions in games, don’t turn into the NFL please.

Hope you had a great holiday and thank you for tuning in.

Roll Tide!

WingMan out!

No comments:

Post a Comment