Saturday, November 30, 2013

Game Day

I'm going to try my hand at a little poetry on here from time to time. Don't laugh, it's only my thoughts and dreams being jotted down on some paper and transposed onto the web for everybody to see (you're welcome). But this is where I can work to hone my skills and practice what I've learned in writing.

Today is the inaugural Iron Bowl and I thought there was no better topic, than to preach about my favorite day of the week. Game Day.

Every day is new,
But this one is different.
Its only just arrived,
And it will be gone in just an instant.

We've worked all throughout the week,
Which has led us right to here.
To the point where we can only,
Sit, watch and cheer.

Something about this day,
We find oh so freakin' right.
That wakes us up in the morning,
Keeping us excited throughout the night.

It puts us on the edges of our seats,
With each and every play.
Whether you enjoy a simple run,
Or a screen with a slight delay.

So toss all your worries aside,
Because this I know is true.
Game Day is here today,
And it has plenty in store for you.

Get up everybody, it's Game Day!

-The Wing Expert

No comments:

Post a Comment