Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Road Trip

I want to talk about Road Trips. Merriam-Webster defines a Road Trip as being an extended trip in a motor vehicle. I want to specifically focus on those taken in cars. While you may think that driving will limit your choices and options on the vast number of places that you can travel to, I see it as more of a challenge to be able to get to those places with a car. I am not saying that you should try to cross the Pacific Ocean in your 2001 Ford Taurus, even though that would be kind of interesting, but be creative. While trekking across the world would be fun and all, I really just want to focus on staying in this continent, mainly this country. I have been telling the legendary story of the recent Road Trip that Bro and I went on to almost anybody with capable hearing skills, and some people that don’t, and have found that nobody travels by car for long durations anymore, they would rather just fly. I answer back to those people that it is definitely more convenient, but then I ask, “Is convenient what you want?” If so then you are probably not taking a real Road Trip. You see a Road Trip involves good friends, a steady vehicle, and not knowing exactly what is going to happen when you get there. I have been on car rides with my family for the past 21 years and have realized that the more you know beforehand, the less fun you have when you actually arrive. I mean sure, I would like to know that there is somewhere for me to stay, how the weather will be, and maybe one big event that we will be attending, like the LSU vs. Arkansas game (which was awesome!). But even those aren’t necessary for the Road Trip. My vision of a Road Trip is something that is just spontaneous and you go on by the seat of your pants and make the decisions as they come (you may want to bring extra cash). But that is what makes a Road Trip, you and you friend(s) going across this great country and deciding on what to do on your way to wherever you are going. So I challenge you, my followers, to grab some friends, get together in a car and just go somewhere new. I mean sure it may cause a lot of traffic and fill a lot of hotel vacancies, but wouldn’t that help out this country a little bit? Anyways it beats the alternative, work.


Wing Man Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment